Wise’s COVID-19 Response
As our community, our city, and our nation continue to adapt to the current COVID-19 pandemic, Wise remains your home for community, meaning making, and inspiration. Despite the physical distance this virus has placed between us, we will continue to make opportunities for our members to bring sacred community into their lives.
Wise has taken the lead in transitioning our worship, educational, tikkun olam, and spiritual gatherings into virtual offerings.
Please remember that you remain part of a loving and caring community concerned for your spiritual, emotional, and physical well-being. Should you or a family member experience any illness, injury, loss, or simply wish to talk to someone, please reach out to us immediately. Your family at Wise remains here to support you.
Mental and Emotional Heath Support
Wise has partnered with members of the community to assist those in need of emotional and mental health support during this difficult time. Follow the link below find a list of available professionals who are seeking to offer help. Unless otherwise noted, the listed therapists have agreed to offer pro-bono initial sessions, with additional sessions available at rates determined by the individual therapist.
LIST OF THERAPISTS AND COUNSELORS
Wise Emergency Relief Fund
As the impact of the spread of the coronavirus continues to develop, Wise is preparing to meet the emerging needs of our community. We anticipate that some members of our community will face dire circumstances and require emergency assistance. To that end, your Wise clergy have established a dedicated emergency fund to receive donations from those who would like to ensure that we can assist those who are most in need. Disbursements from this fund will be at clergy discretion and respect confidentiality as we provide assistance to those who need aid most. Every single dollar donated will be used to help those in need during this difficult time, both Wise congregants and those beyond our immediate community.
DONATE HERE (select Emergency Relief Donation)
Connecting to Wise for Support
Wise has set up an email address for those in need of support or who are willing to offer support to others. Please feel free to email us if you are in need and our task force will work with you. We are also seeking ways in which you’d like to help others.
EMAIL COVID SUPPORT
We are offering opportunities on both Facebook Live and via Zoom.
- Liking our Facebook page for instant notifications when we’re live.
- If you do not have a Facebook account, you can still view our offerings live via our web site.
- Installing the Zoom app on your mobile device or downloading it on your desktop/laptop ahead of time so that you may test it properly before joining a learning session.
- Practice social distancing by staying at home. If you need to go out (for groceries or other necessities), keep a 6-foot distance between others at all times. Limit your time in potentially crowded areas like stores.
- Wash your hands often with soap and warm water (scrub for twenty seconds), especially before and after eating, using the restroom, or touching common area surfaces such as doorknobs, railings, and countertops.
- If soap and water are not readily available, clean your hands with an alcohol-based sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- If you need to cough or sneeze, cover your mouth with a tissue, then discard the tissue in the trash. If you do not have a tissue, use your sleeve, not your hand.
- If you are sick or think you are sick, STAY AT HOME. If you are in need of assistance to help obtain groceries or supplies, contact COVIDSupport@WiseLA.org and tell us how we can help provide contact-less assistance.
Frequently Asked Questions
As part of California’s and Los Angeles’ Safer at Home initiative, public gatherings for the time being are suspended. All of our worship and study opportunities available online.
Our educational offerings, including our Wise Melton School, have transitioned to online forums. You can find them here. Click “Online Study Opportunities” below.
We will continue to update our congregants by email but we highly encourage you to bookmark this page and check it frequently for updates.
If you are not already on our email list you may sign up here.
Unfortunately we do not yet know. Our team is monitoring the situation in real time and we hope that as we continue to update you, we will be able to have a better sense of when public gatherings will resume.
Our staff will be in touch to notify you if there are any changes to scheduled meetings and if those meetings will be kept in person or online.